Sunday, October 9, 2011

Quiet Before The Storm...

After years of struggling to get my little toy company going I have to say that it means very little. I bust my ass to make the best models in this scale, but everybody does what they can, most of the time, so what makes my efforts any better than the next serious artist...not much. 

The important things in life are being loved and doing the best that you can to keep it real. I spent the day with some friends and we had a little dinner and what not, and my girlfriend's son came by. We had been talking about computers because Shella wants to get a new machine. She suggested that I show off my sculptures and this silly little Blog, as he had never seen any of my work. He was very very impressed, especially when I went next door to my apartment, and brought over a handful of the Master Castings for him to handle. We then watched a few family videos he had made including one of him playing with his young daughter and the family dog. The fact that he shared that with me was more important than his compliments of my work. It reminded me that this is all just fun and games, and not really that important.



It was a good day. We are so happy because Shella's niece is on the way with barbecued chicken and what not...Lol!
Don't get me wrong Brothers, I take what I do very seriously, but there are other things in life...
I am sending the first set of cleaned Masters to IWM this week.

Joseph

8 comments:

  1. Great post. I think you're spot on, it is too easy to take our hobby too seriously. There are far more important things.

    Having said that, I also agree with your girlfriend's son – your work is very impressive. Best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother Joe, you are absolutely right. Family and friends are what makes everything worthwhile. The games we play and hobby stuff is just something we do with our family and friends.

    Glad to hear though that the cleaned masters are going to Iron Wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely agree,this is fun and "business" , but you do have to take stock sometimes and see what's important in life. Glad you got your reminder,think I might need one soon myself. Best to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Brothers we have to be what we are, and let the silly things like internet arguments and fan-boy attitudes go the way they do in time...lol.

    I love this thing that I do and I love you guys that take time to hang at my little Blog.
    When I say Brothers I mean it, we are a little group in the world and it is fine that way as far as I am concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Joe;
    Do you need Transport to the Post-office? If you do, let me know. Yes, Family & Friends do make the world go round. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS is keeping it real brother!
    Keep your priorities straight and take the time to recharge those batteries with the people you love. Taking the time to share important stuff with them enhances life in a positive way!

    Looking forward to fondling your stuff ... the castings you dirty mind ;-)

    Keep up the work brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny Andy!
    ;)
    Joe I plan to go on the 13th...of course.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...