Thursday, January 6, 2011

MURG FLIES & BASES Completed Sculptures Preview

I thought it would be cool to start the new month and year of postings with a preview of some COMPLETED SCULPTURES...for a change.

I am pleased to share with you a very challenging and yet enjoyable little task; the creation of M.U.R.G. Flies!





Imagine your Enemies Heavy Weapons Unit...the one entrenched in that tall building...way over there...having to deal with a sudden swarm of these Poison Little Devils biting, stinging, and buzzing in their faces.
Now your best Martial Troops can get across that field that had been so deadly a moment ago, and do their job in earnest!

A word on Design. I am working on many sculptures similar to these Lovable Buzzing Meanies, such as Huratt Seekers, TECH Nation Drones, and others. All of these tiny sculptures will be afforded the same attention to detail that I give my larger works, including scenic bases.

Joseph

6 comments:

  1. 15mm is the lost scale and what you are doing is WONDERFUL! I love your work. Is that gas-masked figure available for sale? The flies?!

    If you have anything for sale let me know! Would love to buy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bryan

    Thank you for your kind words, it is very encouraging my friend. I invite you to keep an eye here at WAR ART for all of the details on future release dates.
    That little human in the first picture is my friend Mike's Bio Hazard Zombie Hunter Leader, available at Rebel Minis.

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother Joseph,

    I will have to pick up the Bio Hazard Hunter Leader for sure. Keep up the good work, I will be following your blog closely! Can't wait to see what you have coming next.

    When you are ready to cast, mold and sell you've got one customer already lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bro, that IS cool!
    :)

    Have you been looking in on The Weekly One Five Blog?
    I am doing a full range of Gladiators & Citizens , all of which are designed for my very Apocalyptic TOMORROW BLACK game.

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've checked out your entire blog, looks great! The Rattak have my main interest, those are awesome! The flies drove me crazy, love them!

    Gladiators aren't quite my thing but your sculpts are outstanding. Dynamic poses in 15mm are what this scale needs and you've got it with that one gladiator and the Rattak. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Bryan, I will!
    :)

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...